Aledo ISD Single Sign-On with Launchpad
AISD digital tools and resources for students can be found in the single sign-on platform Launchpad.
This is how students will access AISD’s learning management systems Seesaw (grades Pre-K-2nd) and Canvas (grades 3-12) as well as other district resources.
Summer 2021 Update:
Our Aledo ISD Technology department is working to help streamline accounts and logins for our students, and these updates will be made the weekend of May 29-31 and be live starting June 1. Your student likely will not be able to access school accounts or school email during this update weekend. Here are the changes that are being made:
- Dropping the ‘G’: Student email addresses will drop the ‘G’ and change from having the extension @g.aledoisd.org to @aledoisd.org.
- Launchpad Update: The district is moving to a single sign-on process through Launchpad so students have one sign-on location for all district apps and programs. This login will now be updated to reflect the new @aledoisd.org email extension for our students but passwords will remain the same… so if you remember one thing from these changes, it’s drop the ‘G’!
The Launchpad Single Sign-on page will also have a new look.
Special thank you to AHS graduating senior and communications graphic design intern Amy Jasso for the updated graphics on our Launchpad pages!
Students use Launchpad to access all district apps. When accessing Launchpad, we highly recommend using the Chrome browser. It will make access to Webex, Canvas and Seesaw much easier and cause less issues. Make sure you are logging into the Chrome browser (regardless of the type of device you are using) using your student's @aledoisd.org account. If you are signed into Chrome with a personal account, make sure you sign out and back in with your student's @aledoisd.org account.
How to Login to Launchpad
Step 1: Sign into the Chrome Browser
Google login example:
Username: firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com)
*After the Aledo ISD username is entered, students will be automatically directed to Launchpad to finish the login process.
Step 2: Login to Launchpad
Launchpad login example:
Username: johndoe (firstnamelastname)
Password: Aledo network password
-Prek-9th grade:firstinitial+lastinitial+studentID# (capitalize initials)
-10th-12th students have a different password they have used this year that is a combination of numbers, words, and punctuation
How to login to Chrome on both an iPad and Windows laptop:
- Open Chrome.
- Go to www.google.com.
- On the top right of the window, you should see the letter of your student's first name. Click on the letter and verify that you are signed in with your student's @aledoisd.org account.
- If you don’t see your student's information listed then click “Sign Out.” Then sign in with the student's credentials. The username for students is firstname.lastname@example.org (example: email@example.com)
- After the Aledo ISD username is entered, students will be automatically directed to Launchpad to finish the login process.
- Open the Chrome app.
- Go to www.google.com
- Click the Sign In button on the top right.
- Type in the student's @aledoisd.org credentials.
- If you don’t see your student's information listed then click “Add account” and sign in with the student's credentials. The username for students is firstname.lastname@example.org (example: email@example.com)
- After the Aledo ISD username is entered, students will be automatically directed to Launchpad to finish the login process
If you are unable to login to Launchpad, please call (817) 207-3300 to reach our Technology Department. Note: Please use student information to login.
• • • •
Aledo ISD Canvas Virtual Parent Course
Aledo ISD Seesaw Virtual Parent Course
Grades Pre-K-2 Seesaw Information
Clicking on this icon in Launchpad should take
students directly to their Seesaw account.
Here is a link to a brief Seesaw overview: Grades Pre-K-2: Seesaw LMS Information
Grades 3-12 Canvas Information
*If students are asked to also login to their Google
account after clicking on the icon, please follow
the example below.
Students will see a list of their courses
on their Canvas dashboard.
• • • •
Canvas for Parents/Guardians
Please Click Here to View Canvas Overview Video
Please follow the steps below to set up your parent/guardian observation account in Canvas.
1. You need a PAIRING code:
Your child can generate a code through their Canvas account (web version)
2. Create Your Account:
Visit this URL: http://aledo.instructure.com/login/canvas
(or) Download the “Canvas Parent App” and create your account there
**If you have additional children from the same institution - CLICK HERE**
Tips for using Canvas for Parents/Guardians
TIP # 1: Customize Your Dashboard!
- Color code each child's course tile or
- Rename each course tile with a nickname
- Rearrange dashboard tiles
TIP # 2: Adjust Your Notifications
- Account > Notifications.. And adjust
TIP # 3: Visit the Calendar
- View calendar events by week, month, or agenda list
- Only 10 course and group calendars will be shown at one time
- Icons indicate:
TIP # 4: Message a teacher
- The Canvas inbox allows you to communicate with teachers
TIP # 5: View grades
- Select VIEW GRADES from the dashboard for a high-level overview
- OR Select a course dash card from the dashboard > grades for more detail
- Note: this only shows Canvas grades. Official grades will still be shared through Parent Portal.
TIP # 6: Download “CANVAS PARENT” App
TIP # 7: Log in to CANVAS PARENT (iOS) (Android)
- The default view shows the course list and current grade
- Tap the course name for more information
- The app allows you to see events and assignments for one student at a time.
- Multiple dots indicate multiple assignments or events
- Select the assignment to “Set Reminder”
- Manage alerts for your linked children including:
- Course grades
- Missing assignments
- Assignment grades
- Go to Manage Students > select student > adjust alerts
- Then, view alerts (iOS) (Android)