Assessment & Accountability
STAAR Resources for Parents
The Texas Assessment Management System website is a great resource for parents:
- Understanding Your Child's Score
- All About the STAAR Test
- How to Help Your Child Prepare
- Literacy and Lexile Measures
- Analytic Portal
- Information in Spanish
- Videos on:
- How to Help Your Child Succeed and Grow Academically
- What is the STAAR Test? (An Overview of STAAR and its Purpose)
- The STAAR is Born (How Assessments are Developed)
Click here to be taken to the Texas Assessment Management System website.
STAAR Report Card, formerly known as Confidential Student Report (CSR)
The Texas Education Agency (TEA) publishes STAAR report cards for all students every year. To improve communication and transparency with educators and families, TEA has redesigned the Confidential Student Report (CSR). The goal of the redesigned CSR is to create a family-friendly report on student progress, specifically highlighting growth and improvement as much as proficiency.
Click here to be directed to the website where you can see all the new CSR features.
TEA Assessment Resources for Students and Parents
Click here to be taken to TEA's website for Assessment Resources for Students and Parents. There you will find links to information and resources on:
- State of Texas Assessment of Academic Readiness (STAAR)
- STAAR Alternate 2
- Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System (TELPAS)
- TELPAS Alternate
TEA Accountability Rating Website
The TXSchools.gov website contains interactive accountability rating summaries and detailed reports for each district, campus, and open-enrollment charter school in the state of Texas (TXSchools.org is optimized for Chrome, Firefox and Safari).
Data reports are available from TEA by campus or district. State accountability reports and data tables are also available by ESC region and for the state.