Aledo High School Daily Announcements
Good morning. These are the announcements for Wednesday, January 13, 2021
- Congratulations to the following student photographers for placing in the APTI Fall Photo Contest. Over 4,500 entries were received from 92 schools across the country. Kaylee Halfmann won First Place in Beginning Landscape photography and also earned Honorable Mention honors in Beginning Nature and Environmental Portrait photography. Alyssa Lively won First Honorable Mention in Advanced Advertising. Katelyn Walther was awarded an Honorable Mention for Beginning Cellphone photography. Marissa Powell earned an Honorable Mention in Advanced Nature photography. Taylor Tiberg won Honorable Mention in Advanced Sports Action. Madi Poston earned Honorable Mentions for two Advanced Fashion Photo images, AND Ava Bathurst won Honorable Mention awards in Advanced Fashion, Animals, and Sport Reaction. Congratulations to these talented student photographers! Students, don't forget you too can sign up for a photo class next year. See Mrs. Greenwood about photography for an art credit or Mrs. Arnold for photography for a technology credit!
- Congratulations to those that placed in the top 10 at the Aledo Rodeo this last weekend! Eryn Foust 5th in pole bending, Adrianna Ruckteschler 6th in barrels, and Ashtyn Coufal 8th in barrels!
- If you are planning on joining the Ladycat Track Team, please come by the front office this week and sign up. Make sure that you join the Ladycat Track Team Remind – the code to join is on the bottom of the sign-up form. Information regarding practices, meets, etc. will be sent out via Remind.
- Softball tryouts will be held at the high school game field on Monday, January 18th, from 1-4 pm. Sign-up sheets are in room 307 at the High School and A107 at the 9th-grade campus. Please bring all necessary equipment.
- The QB Club will have State Championship Game shirts available at the following times and locations this week: Tonight from 6:00 to 7:30 PM at the High School Fieldhouse, tomorrow from 6:30 to 8:00 PM at Brookshire's parking lot (look for the orange tent), and on Friday at the front of the gates at Bearcat Stadium prior to Bearcat Sendoff. Long-sleeve t-shirts and hoodies will be available. These will also have the playoff roster on the back. PLEASE NOTE: There is a nationwide shortage of hooded sweatshirts (Hoodies), so our inventory is somewhat limited. We will have all adult sizes, but once they sell out, they're gone. Please plan to get yours early.
- Members of the NAHS will be meeting tomorrow during flex. We will be discussing the upcoming fundraising project. Please make every attempt to be present.
- The Theatre Dept. will be holding virtual auditions for this year’s One-Act play cast and crew! If cast, you must be able to change your schedule to be in 7th-period Theatre. There are QR codes posted on the callboard outside the theatre classroom and in the front office that you can scan for more information. The deadline for submission is Jan. 15. Sorry freshmen, but you aren’t eligible to participate. There’s always next year!
- Baseball tryouts begin on Friday, January 22nd. Players need to report to the field at 4:30. Sign-up sheets will be posted outside of the baseball office located at the high school fieldhouse. All medical paperwork must be completed and turned into Coach Little before you are allowed to tryout. Contact Coach Barry if you have any questions.
- Those are today’s announcements. Have a great Bearcat day!