We are excited you want to substitute for the Aledo ISD!
Directions for becoming an Aledo ISD Substitute:
- Complete the Substitute Application linked here online.
- Await invitation from Human Resources for onboarding.
- Review the Substitute Handbook linked here. Hard copies of the handbook are available if requested.
- The HR team will review applications and contact qualified applicants for onboarding and orientation meetings.
Interested individuals must complete the online application linked above and must supply the following information:
- A record of the highest education attained (high school diploma, GED certificate or official transcript for all college courses, and/or Texas teacher’s certificate. Note: If the applicant has had a name change since the transcript was issued, the change should be indicated.
- Two forms of identification to complete the I-9.
All substitute applicants are committing to a minimum of 5 days per semester.
The district is required to be subscribed to all employee’s fingerprints. If you have not been fingerprinted for school district purposes in Texas, you will be required to do so before being eligible to work. HR will advise you on the process. The substitute is responsible for the cost which can range from $30 - $50. Please review the following Fingerprint Information carefully:
Senate Bill 9, also known as the "Fingerprinting Bill", was signed into law by Governor Rick Perry in the Fall of 2007. This bill requires that all substitutes undergo a national criminal history record information review by the Texas Education Agency (TEA). Therefore, before you can be employed as a substitute in Aledo ISD, you will be required to provide your fingerprints to be checked against the national criminal history database.
Substitutes are paid a daily rate based on their assignment and level of education and/or teacher certification status. The plan below is the Substitute Compensation schedule for 2019-2020, per day. If you accept a half day job, the amount will be 50% of the daily rate.
Click here for the document for future payroll dates for substitutes. As an example, the days a substitute works between 9/30/2019-11/3/2019, are paid on Nov. 15.
When you are contacted by HR for a meeting, we will route onboarding forms to you through your Frontline Application Account. You will need to complete them ahead of time and be prepared to bring the following documents with you to your meeting:
- A copy of your high school diploma, or an official college transcript, whichever is applicable.
- Original proof of identity and employment eligibility (I-9 documents); See list of Acceptable Identifications here
To access Frontline
To access the Frontline website, click here: https://login.frontlineeducation.com/login?signin=39642828896ed500831930be7b60de9f&clientId=superSuit#/login
You created your username when you were either originally onboarded in HR, or when we converted to Frontline ID system back in February 2019.
- If you do not know your username, please contact HR.
- If you do not remember your password, you can initiate password reset by entering a successful username.
- Please make sure to update your email address to your district email so you receive important email notifications from Frontline.
Once you are in Frontline, you can then toggle down on the top left into:
- Absence Management
- Time and Attendance