2021 Attendance Zone Committee Purpose
The purpose of the Attendance Zone Committee is to represent the Aledo ISD community in the study of data related to projected student enrollment growth, campus student capacity, safety, transportation, current and planned transportation infrastructure, and geographic location of planned development in the district, in recommending to the Board of Trustees new attendance zones for elementary and middle schools.
2021 Attendance Zone Committee Charge
The Attendance Zone Committee is charged by the Board of Trustees to:
- represent the priorities, expectations, and values of the entire community,
- consider the needs of all of the district’s students,
- listen to and consider questions and feedback from all community members and the Board of Trustees,
- use facts and data to make informed decisions,
- recommend attendance zones that are projected to most efficiently use building capacity for the longest time period possible (given projected student growth), and
- recommend to the Board of Trustees an elementary attendance zone map (effective 2021-2022) and a middle school attendance zone map (effective 2022-2023) for approval by the Board and implementation by the administration.
2021 Attendance Zone Committee Application
***AZC applications are now closed. Thank you for your interest!***
Please note that, in addition to fulfilling the Board of Trustees' charge for the Attendance Zone Committee, the following requirements must be met for Attendance Zone Committee members:
- In-person attendance at all scheduled meetings. Meetings will be held in person in a large space that will offer the opportunity to social distance.
- Adhere to all district health and safety guidelines, including wearing a face covering at all times.
- Live in the Aledo ISD district boundaries.
**Dates and times below are tentative and subject to change