WATCH D.O.G.S. ® (Dads Of Great Students) is a family and community engagement educational initiative. There are 2 primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. ® program.
1) To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2) To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
WATCH D.O.G.S.® began in 1998 in a single school in Springdale, Arkansas and has since grown into a nationally recognized program that has brought hundreds of thousands of fathers and father figures into the school classrooms and hallways across the country, creating millions of hours of “in school” volunteer time and having a tremendously positive impact on the educational process.
For more information about the WATCH D.O.G.S. program, click here to go to their website.
Click here to view the WATCH D.O.G.S. daily schedule for each grade level.
To become a part of McCall's WATCH D.O.G.S. program, please complete these steps:
- Complete the district volunteer background check.
- Attend Volunteer 101 Training with Mr. Bean. (Email Mr. Bean at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.)
- Add your name to the McCall WATCH D.O.G.S. calendar.
- Email Mrs. Reynolds at email@example.com letting her know which day you chose to serve.