The US Department of Agriculture and the Texas Department of Agriculture administers policies to promote a healthy school environment. Please go to www.squaremeals.org or call the AISD Child Nutrition Department for further information. Policy highlights include:
- On an annual basis, the campus Principals can designate specific dates for up to 4 campus-wide parties.
- During meals times, Parents/Guardians may provide food and/or beverages for their own child but may not provide food or beverages for other students.
- Students can not have food delivered from off-campus vendors.
- Food fundraisers and snacks for testing days are subject to policy compliance at all levels and must be approved by the campus Principal.
- Food may only be provided if it is connected to an instructionally supported lesson or other activity with the approval of the campus Principal.
Aledo ISD school meals meet USDA standards requiring age appropriate calorie and portion limits, larger and more varied servings of vegetables and fruits and more whole grains.